Other Permits and Licences
Whether you’re building a house or building a business, one of your first steps is to find out which licenses and permits you’ll need to proceed.
Property owners are affected by zoning and rezoning regulations, which designate properties for specific uses or ranges of uses, density, siting and building form.
Take a look at our complete inventory of City forms, licenses, permits and application guides(link is external) which you can download and complete.
Scroll to #sign-permits
Sign, sign, everywhere a sign! Kimberley has great scenery – so the City of Kimberley maintains guidelines to make sure that signs complement it, not block it out. If you’re constructing, placing, erecting, displaying, painting, altering, repairing, or relocating a sign in Kimberley, you’ll need to obtain a permit. Signage in Kimberley should:
- Identify individual establishments with signage that contributes to the character and interest of both the businesses and the town.
- Be primarily orientated towards pedestrians and slow-moving traffic.
- Encourage refinement, variety and creativity in signage without clutter.
- Not be the most dominant visual element of the town’s commercial areas.
Use the links below to get started.
Scroll to #frequently-requested-licences--permits
Frequently Requested Licences & Permits
- Access Permit
- Board of Variance Application and Guide
- Building Permit Application
- Building Permit Application Guide
- Building Permit Wood Burning Appliance Application
- Business Licence Application Form
- Community Events Banner Application
- Demolition Permit Application
- Development Permit Application
- Development Permit Application Guide
- Development Variance Permit Application
- Investment Incentive Program Application and Guide
- Plumbing Test Certificate
- Sidewalk Cafe Application and Guide 2017
- Sign Permit Application
- Sign Permit Application Guide
- Street Occupancy Permit
- Complete list of forms