Playfields & Public Spaces
The City of Kimberley maintains and operates a variety of outdoor recreation and athletic facilities. Click HERE for facility locations and additional details.
For more information or to book outdoor spaces, please contact Parks, Recreation and Facilities at 250-427-9660 or Operations@Kimberley.ca
Scroll to #baseball-and-soccer-fields
Baseball and Soccer Fields
- Rotary Park - Rotary Drive at McKenzie Street.
- Coronation Park - 4th Avenue, behind Centennial Centre.
- Central Park - 308 Avenue and 303 Street in Marysville
- Purcell Park - Jim Ogilvie Way in Marysville
Scroll to #basketball-courts
- Lois Creek Park – intersection of Moyie Street and 5th Avenue
- Swan Park - corner of Swan Avenue and Diamond Street
- Stemwinder Drive
In addition, most school grounds have basketball courts and playfields.
Scroll to #children's-playgrounds
- Rotary Park – Rotary Drive at McKenzie Street. Public washrooms are open seasonally.
- Lois Creek Park – intersection of Moyie Street and 5th Avenue.
- Triangle Park - 401 Cranbrook Street
- Stemwinder Drive Park
- Lion's Park - 770 330 Street
- Most school grounds have playgrounds.
Scroll to #lawn-bowling
Lawn bowling greens are located at McDougal Park, at 500 Rossland Boulevard in the Townsite area of Kimberley. The facility is operated by community volunteers.
For more information, contact Cori Barraclough at 250-427-0348.
Scroll to #outdoor-skating-rinks
Kimberley's outdoor ice rinks are open yearly and are weather-permitting. Rinks are available for community use, free of charge. The condition of the rinks is changeable due to weather conditions. No play is permitted after 10:00 pm.
- Townsite Outdoor Rink is located at the corner of 6th Avenue and Moyie Street.
- Swan Park Rink is located at the corner of Swan Avenue and Diamond Street. It is maintained by local volunteers.
- Garden Park Rink is located at the end of Dewolfe Avenue and is maintained by local volunteers.
The season begins when weather conditions permit, usually from mid-December until mid-March. Click HERE to view pictures and find maps to Kimberley's outdoor rinks.
Scroll to #splash-park
Splash Park - CLOSED for the season
The Rotary Splash Park is located on Rotary Drive in the Rotary Park grounds. It is open from 9:00 am to 8:00 pm daily during summer months.
Scroll to #tennis-courts
Outdoor community tennis courts are located at Rotary Park - Rotary Drive at McKenzie Street.
Kimberley has indoor tennis courts located on Halpin Street behind Selkirk Secondary School. The courts are operated by a non-profit society and are open year-round.
See Kimberley Indoor Sport Centre for more information.