Public Skating & Drop-In Hockey
The City of Kimberley is excited to offer Public and Senior Skating and Drop-in Hockey at the Civic Centre. Participants must purchase a non-refundable access card (one-time $5 purchase).
Follow these easy steps prior to heading to the rink!
STEP 1: Pop by the Aquatic Centre to purchase a $5 access card. This card will allow entrance to the Civic Centre (Rotary Drive entrance) during specified times only.
STEP 2: Head to the rink during FREE skating times and have fun!
Participants will gain access to the facility by swiping their access cards to open Rotary Drive entrance doors (near spray park). Please use the stairway at the South east end of the building to access ice. Use dressing room #1 and/or the hallway benches downstairs to change and store items.
Staff at the Civic Centre are unable to take payment. This MUST be done in advance.
Please note: All public skating/Shinny Hockey times are subject to change or cancel due to tournaments or special events and may be cancelled on short notice. For further information or to rent ice, please call the Aquatic Centre at 250-427-2983 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Winter Public Skating Guidelines
Public Skating is for all ages, however, please follow these guidelines:
• Children ages seven (7) and under must be accompanied on the ice by an adult wearing skates.
• Children ages twelve (12) and under must be accompanied by an adult, however that adult is not required to be on the ice.
• Children ages twelve (12) and under are required to wear an appropriate helmet.
• Helmets are strongly recommended for all ice users, both youth and adults.
• No sticks or pucks are permitted during public skating, no exceptions.
• No food or drinks are permitted on the ice other than water bottles containing only water.
• Safety bars may be provided so long as they are required for learning and used appropriately.
Scroll to #2023-free-skating-schedule
2022/2023 FREE Skating Schedule - Effective January 3 - March 10
Public Skating Schedule:
- Tuesday: 1:00 pm - 3:30 pm Civic Centre
- Friday: 8:00 am - 12:00 pm Civic Centre
- Sunday: 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm Marysville Arena
Additional Public Skating times in January only:
- Saturday, January 28 - 1:00 - 4:00 pm Civic Centre
- Sunday, January 29 - 1:00 - 3:00 pm Civic Centre
Senior's Only Skating:
- Wednesday: 1:45 - 3:15 Civic Centre
Non-Instructional Days! February 13
- Public Skating: 10:00 am - 1:45 pm Civic Centre
Scroll to #drop-in-shinny-hockey
Drop-In Shinny Hockey (Civic Centre) - January 3 - March 10, 2023
Tuesdays: 8:45 am - 10:15 am
Fridays: 12:15 pm - 1:45 pm (Closed on stat holidays)
New this year:
- One time fee of $62.00 (plus GST). This is 12 sessions for the price of 8! Refunds will not be given for reduced visits.
- All participants must purchase tickets and obtain an Access Card in advance at Kimberley Aquatic Centre. You will NOT be able to pay a drop in fee at the Civic Centre.
- Participants will gain access to the facility by swiping their access cards which will open doors. Access to the facility can be gained via Rotary Drive entrance.
- Users are to walk along the track and use the stairways at the south east end of the building and use dressing room # 1 and/or the hallway benches downstairs.
- Full gear recommended. Helmets are mandatory!
- If you require more information, please call the Aquatic Centre at 250-427-2983 or email email@example.com.